Vistaprint surveyed 1,500 U.S. consumers to reveal what consumers across the country deeply value about shopping small. Top themes uncovered by the study include:
- More than double the number of respondents cited local commitment over price as their top motivation to shop small
- More than a quarter of consumers plan to shop more at small businesses in 2018
- More than three-quarters of U.S. consumers say that shopping at or using a small business is important to them
- Nearly 70 percent will shop at a small business more if they are on a first name basis with the owner, further proving that customers value personal service.
- Commitment to the local community (52 percent) and personal service (42 percent) rated as the top drivers for shopping at or working with a small business
Full results can be found in the full report: Vistaprint Consumer Survey